Tuesday, August 6, 2013

A Light at the End of a Tunnel

      Loss. Is there any cure for it? Can a wound as deep as losing the one you love ever truely be healed? Can the icy sting of death leave a curable scar for once, instead of one that fades but never truely goes away. I want my scars to fade away completely and never plague my swollen heart again. But then again, so does every one else. Is there anyone alive who has never suffered through the pain of loss? It is my belief that everyone has been through it, but in our minds no one can ever understand what it feels like and no one ever will. Some have lost the souls of those who are most dear and close to them. Others have lost those who maybe weren't as close as losing a spouse or any family member, but close enough to make them think about life differently, or make them question what they could have done to prevent this loss from coming.
   But in the end, we know there was nothing we could do to prevent a loss, no matter the circumstance. God has a plan for all of us individually, and sometimes it's not always smooth sailing. Sometimes loss comes along to show us that the plan involves rough, but passable terrain.  We do not have to go through this life thinking we will never see our loved ones again, because this simply is not true! Why would God do that to you, when you know He loves you? Even if you don't, know now that God loves you with so much love it is not even possible for you to even comprehend why or how much so! He really does! He loves you so much that He sent you here with a family, a plan, a purpose, and a beautiful earth to fulfill it. Though we do not always understand why it is necessary to lose a love one, but we must remember these words and never question why again: "For my thoughts are not your thoughts, neither are your ways my ways, saith the Lord. 
For as the heavens are higher than the earth, so are my ways higher than your ways, and my thoughts than your thoughts." {Isaiah 55:8-9}
   See? We do not see as God sees and insist He curses us when we lose the one we love, but in truthfulness, He does not! His ways and reasons are simply not ours, and in order to let go and heal again we must accept that. We must be willing to trust and confide in God, our Father in Heaven. See as He sees, and heal as He will heal us. 
I know what it is like to lose the ones you love. I know what is it like to ache and long for this person to be back beside you. I have walked down that lonesome and dark path before and pray as we all that I never have to again, but I realize now something I did not back then. I have God, but I also have my Savior who understand perfectly, with certain realty everything we have been through. He suffered for our sins and if you feel that no one understands what you are going through, think again and find comfort in the fact that your Savior does. He knows and can comfort you if you but let Him and His love in your life.  There is a light at the end of the tunnel but there is only one way to reach it, prayer. Pray and pray and pray again until you feel the scars wash away and feel true life coming back into your life. He will not and cannot fail you. 
These things I say and leave with you in the name of My Savior, even Jesus Christ who died, and suffered for me and for you and whom I love so dearly. Amen.