Monday, May 30, 2016

Why I woke this Morning

"Il mondo..."

There was a soft song coming from the sheets of my grey and white bedding that is oh so beautiful. I was exasperated with the wanting to hear another person next to me that found this song as ridiculous and enchanting as I do and so Jimmy Fontana was awake in my bed, almost underneath my pillow and singing his heart out in the early hours of the morning.
It was sweet to hear his voice but even more so to imagine waking someone up this way--Jimmy singing his song and I placing the device of it on the stomach of my lover only to see his eyes slowly peel awake at such a commotion. Then to his confusion as to what and why an Italian man is singing into his chest, I will laugh myself into merriment for such an opportunity as this--to be alive and loving someone enough to wake them up just to be awake and happy with me.
What a dream I have to hold on to. (As surely I mean to accomplish someday.)
I am now going to create a playlist of all the songs that make me feel love passionately and I must admit I am ever so pleasantly exasperated to be alive and almost in love right now.

"Oh, il mondo..."
Thanks Jimmy. You're a real slice.

-k.p.

May 30th 2016
9:06AM
Monday Morning birds are chirping and there are blueberry skies ahead of me.
"Il Mondo" by: Jimmy Fontana (Singles Collection) << the very best.