Wednesday, May 11, 2016

"All I Want Is Freedom...And You Always Beside Me."

I want to be painting!
I wish to be writing right now
expressing
writings from the heart
and no where else.
I want to be chewing on the
disturbing thought of
reality
and insipid notions of what life
ought to be
in the eyes of those who deem themselves most worthy
of favoring us with their opinion.
I wish to be far away in a place
my eyes can feast upon and digest
the interest of others
and the euphoria of a culture or a few
made new to my eyes.

I wish to be daring
bold
and unafraid!
I wish for wings that
could taste the bitter wind of rain
and snow
and unharvested secrets.
I wish no more to be left alone
with the loneliness of myself
stuck
afraid
empty of life
and found wanting.

I wish to hold your hand
dear friend
and little else
a part from
painting
writing
reading
life
and music.

That is all I wish.
That is all my heart calls for on this
insipid moment of
essay writing
and unchallenging
patterns of thought.

That is all I want.
Happiness.

-k.p.b.
April 25, 2016
3:03PM