Saturday, February 20, 2016

seashell

I push my ear against your heart
like I'm pushing it against a seashell,
trying to hear the ocean and the wind and the storm all
at once;
wrapped up in one heartbeat.
One moment in time.
One blissful memory trapped with you.

Say you love me.
Lie to me and whisper all the things I never knew a heart should feel.
Make me yours or
toss me to the ocean that I may be devoured by its hunger for me.
That I may be loved by my Maker and sculpted into something more vast and wonderful and desperately lovely than ever before.

Say you love me or
lie to me and make up the sounds of the ocean.
Hold me like a seashell.
Kiss me and taste the salt I was made from,
the bones of the ocean I have scraped against and miraculously emerged.
Say you need me or
toss me to the sea.
Forget about the sweet songs that leave nothing but the sad breath normal people blow
upon your lips.
Never knowing mine. 
Never feeling the vibration of the ocean floor inside the cage of your heart while I kiss you, 
holding you delicately like a seashell. 

Toss me
now.

Lie to me or
release me.
Tell me the darkest parts of your stormy mind.
Remind me what the pang of mist and mystery are against my soft cheeks, awakening my morning senses.
The breeze that blows us all away.
These eyes only remember sad tears of the ocean.
Can you tell?

If there is one thing I am certain of it is
the ocean floor has many secrets,
beautiful treasures, 
untold stories and maps.
But the greatest one to be is the one about you and me. 

Toss me. 
Now.

-k.p.b.


"The Breeze" by: Dr. Dog