Sunday, January 5, 2014

Say Something



"Stay." he said. 
Or rather, he did not "say" but he pleaded. 
as if it were a question,
rather a request.
And that one word caused a colossal sleeping beast inside me to stir.
  That simple change in the word, "stay"
changed every thought i ever had about this person. 
No-- this man.
And this man no longer knew what it was about him that made me crazy 
because I no longer knew myself.
The crucial comprehension between 
wanting 
and needing
was now warped into one con-jointed feeling.
A feeling that had no definition
nor escape.
And a feeling i found myself both cursing 
and adoring. 
A feeling that left me entirely 
bewildered
and enchanted.
A feeling i never knew until now,
 but made me wonder what life was ever like without it!
Was it even fair that a feeling like this could change a person
entirely without warning or remedy?
No.
No, I don't suppose it was.

(k.b)