Thursday, January 2, 2014

Dancing Soon Becomes Romancing

January 2, 2014
1:07PM
Thurs


There we were amidst a crowd of frozen people twirling madly, stuck inside a world millions of miles away from our own. I didn't know he was there at first, I was simply stuck in a sea of people feeling dreadfully alone and then--he was there. First, he was just a blur to me, a mere shadow flickering undecidedly against a wall, but then he stopped and somehow his eyes reached mine and unexplainably I knew they'd somehow been searching for me. My heart told me to go to him and my feet felt the same encouragement, but my head sighed a simple "no". I saw him gently gliding towards me as this quarrel  inside me continued on, ultimately resulting in a racing heartbeat and a nervous hand. We reached out for each other, but someone or something was pulling me back. I felt a hand reach around my waist and turned to see a face I'd never known. He asked me to dance, but I gave no answer finding no voice to give him one.
He spun me around madly like the other couples in the room and dipped with gentle ease, but it was not a dance I'd ever loved. This dance was fast and dizzy and it wasn't long until I felt the emptiness of not dancing with him seep in and I felt my heart begin to burst beneath the lace draped across my chest. He dipped me again, but when I returned, the face no longer belonged to the man I did not know no care about, but belonged to him. His hands rested gently on my back and waist and twirled me sweetly around until our beautiful dance finally began. 
Sweet music found our ears and encouraged my great white dress to twirl in beautiful drapes of snow and elegant lace. My hair was once swirled up in grace and refinement but now whipped carelessly about the grand ballroom in smooth auburn curls. It trickled down my exposed back whenever we slowed to a gentle breeze and suddenly it was as if we were the only people in this ballroom that still had a heartbeat racing for each other. My heels clicked as my eyes smiled sweetly into his, swallowing up his perfection. His tender hand caressed my cheek and then my back, pulling me closer to his sturdy chest and lovely heartbeat. His eyes were surely pulsing into my own, but they seemed to be doing so much more. They told a story and sang a beautiful song only I could hear. They loved me immensely and it was in that moment of faultless bliss that I knew I'd never be parted from those eyes unless within a kiss or a dream. 
Our hands held each other deeply, knitting our fingers together snuggly and before I knew it, his somehow escaped mine and found themselves gently behind my neck, pulling me in closer than I ever deemed imaginable. At last I left those eyes and felt his kiss upon my lips that pulsed through out my entire body and left me aching for more. We held each other so close, so sweetly that I never wanted to let this moment go. Time withered away and I found not a single soul besides our own dwelling in this ballroom all a-glow, so softly we spun towards the balcony and then, the stars cheered in delighted bliss as we both feel softly and subtly in love with each other, wrapping the stars around us until we knew with real certainty we'd never let each other go ever again. 


The End.