Saturday, November 23, 2013

Carpe Diem "Sieze The DAY!"

Two words: Carpe Diem.
What do they mean?
"Sieze the day."
What does that mean?
Well, I don't know. I simply know what it means to me.
Carpe Diem is a motto of freedom, but it is one that you must learn for yourself.
Like 'Todd' we must all learn to find our voice. For some, we are like 'Neil" and we already have our voice. But for me, I am much like a Todd. Why?
Because I am afraid. I fear that which I do not know. I fear defeat. And I fear to fail.
Someone once taught me that in order to truly succeed in life, you must first fail.
Here's what I've found out about that philosophy: Two things:
1. If you are to first fail in order to then succeed, then you must first attain bravery.
2. After you have attained bravery, you must then learn to find yourself.
So really, if you think about it, the motto isn't to first fail then success will follow. NO! The motto is actually no motto at all, but a choice. FIRST you must choose courage. Ridiculous, insane and positively fatuous courage that is humiliating, but also advantageous. Then, once you find your courage, you realize you cannot find yourself next because once you found your courage, you already found yourself.
SIMPLIFY:
There is no motto. Failure does not bring success. Courage within yourself is yourself.
Carpe Diem.
Sieze the day!
What does that even mean now?
Well, I'll tell you it means courage is what reveals yourself and yourself is whoever you want it to be.
Be fatuous.
Be ridiculous.
Be sophisticated.
Be spontaneous.
Be absolutely, unreservedly, and utterly courageous.
Remember: Your courage is yourself.
Carpe Diem.
Sieze the day.
You may spend a million lifetimes telling yourself you'll "seize the day" another day.
Seizing the day happens this day.
You sieze the day now, or spend a lifetime wondering how it would have been if only you did.
CARPE DIEM.
Seize The Day.
(And that day is today!!)

(k.b.)

2:44AM
November 23, 2013
SAT (FRI)