Saturday, November 23, 2013

White Demon



November 23, 2013
10:09PM




And then he was gone.
Just like that.
His cold amber eyes haunted every dream I ever had now and threatened to consume my soul entirely.
I imagined a cold, gripping hand collapsed around my heart and felt its pressure increasing the more I thought of him and his lying eyes I once learned to trust.
But I couldn’t help it.
He made me love him.
Its taken me a lifetime to realize I truly have no say in what my heart wants to feel and what it wishes to do.
I am merely a body for a soul.
A burden for the beast.
A hunt in the kill of my entire being.
It pays a debt to live inside me though, with breaths and lungs and blood flowing through my stretching veins.
But I paid a debt in return to it as well; I gave it my whole soul and every feeling I ever had before I even learned what love was.
It tricked me.
It always pulled the rug before my feet could even tap its fragile patterns.
Would I ever find peace?
Is there no way to love without a consuming debt that feeds the pain but starves the heart?
An ocean of tears and I know it isn’t so.
True love has never existed in my life, and never will unless I learn to let it go.
Like a drifting balloon against a concrete sky, I will prevail.
Afterall, I am the master of my fate.
I am the creator of my own catastrophe.
I am a sinking ship that has no odds of surviving without the help of the White Demon, of which we all fall in love with.
His captivating hands will leave me breathless and eventually salvage my dying soul.
Someday he will set me free.
Someday I will trade my heart for him and then be happy.
Someday,
Someday White Demon.

(k.b.)