Monday, July 4, 2016

Ends of the Earth

Drifting like the tail of a dandelion on a summer breeze
I'm denying I even think of you all, let alone during all the hours of the sun and even more so the stars.
You're making a ruin out of me.
You're soaking my thoughts with the sweet saturation of your beauty.
Like a knife in the woods the hunger for you is like the rabbit that scurries far away from me the closer I get to it.
You are a brooch snagged to my sweater I never remember buying but fall fondly over anyway.
What are you phantom of my heart? What shore of intentions do you wash upon?
Where can I turn to hide away from you, forget where we met and how it made me feel.
Inside.
Outside.
Soaking wet.
Wet with you.
I'm constantly torn between wishing I could forget everything about you
and needing to know every possible thing about you.
You make me forget who I am.