Friday, May 23, 2014

Found Poems


May 23, 2014
Friday
10:55PM 




FOUND POEMS
Kiersten Benson

First off, a found poem can be many things. But for me, the kind of found poems you are about to read are ones that I "drew" inside an old book from the 1950's (Green Hills of Africa by: Ernest Hemingway) and they are basically words you highlight on a page and you disregard the rest and make poetry out of it. Its really creative and actually pretty easy, so here are just a few I wrote today:

"Patch of Earth"
patch of earth
newly pressed
watching
where the
handsome
everything else
spiralled
into the
 night
(see page 5)


"Have You Heard It?"
that noise of death inside
is my name. 
Where have I heard it?
In 
a long story...
Tell me, what do you think?
What do you think?
You believe it?
I cannot.
I [only] hope. 
(see page 7)


"The Man in the Fire"
I saw him
toward the fire
I had not asked him why
I do not like to ask questions
But here
we had not seen
and then to run
to have him look
to have him know your name...
(see page 9)

"Breakfast in the Dark"
Breakfast in the dark
warm promise
watching
Too early
getting
some more.
(see page 201)


"Logic"
unwittingly
believed
logic
always hurt
Now, 
against
the argument
against pain
stopping to whisper
it 
all
removed myself
ahead
and opened to above. 
(Very first found poem, see page 95)

"Pleasure"
The abandoning
sweet sentiment
or 
pleasure
we 
stalk
confuse 
those 
we see
blind.
We 
lick
the open
keeping
solutely quiet
and 
drench
the sky
wide 
in anger.
(see page 178)

(k.b.)

Found Poem 
May 23, 2014
Friday
10:55PM 
On a semi-happy-sad 
rainy day