Sunday, October 13, 2013

"Nostalgia"



But in the middle of my happiness i realized
that all those nostalgic moments from my past were no longer there
that the little girl who once loved to dream 
and dance 
and release her wild imagination
no longer existed.

The little girl who spent too much time in the sun
The little girl who chased dragons
and hunted fairies
and the little girl who fiercly imagined things she knew in her heart to be real
was no longer real.
No longer alive.

And there was nothing i could do to change that
no matter how much i wanted to



But deeply inserted within my aching heart
there lied a wish.
A small, but passionate wish
that i could be that little girl again.

I wished so desperately
so fiercely
that my life could somehow go back to a life
where magic and remarkable adventures filled the brief hours of the sun
That i could waste away the day
pretending to fly
and running fast enough to make my
tiny heart pound against my chest
all because i wanted to
I wished for a place
and time that  no longer belonged to me


But at a moment in my deep thinking
my wishing
turned to dreaming
Dreams that could cloud my past
and change my future 
 and come
and never leave 


And  it was then 
i knew that dreams
weren't always out of reach
At-least
not anymore.

(k.b)






Written:
October 13, 2013
 One rainy 
Sunday Afternoon
Finished:
2:54PM