Wednesday, January 18, 2017

Please, please, please, let me get what I want

They say life exists here and now but that's just a lie.
Life exists with you. Life exists briefly when I think about you, always. When the music plays and I actually feel something.
When I look at you and feel the way my heart plummets and flip flops around like a fish out of water--just for you.
You.
I'm exhausted of this madness.
For once in my life let me get what I want.
For once give me a kiss. Let me be alive. Let me feel this life run a course through my body like a strand of electricity streaming through my bones, my hair, my heart, softly closing my eyes as it does it.
I want to feel something. All I do is ache.
I ache for a breath of something wild and dangerous and exhilarating all at once.
I ache with real, potent aching to feel someone's lips on mine, making undone all that needs to be undone. One tug of lips that pulls the fraying strings in me and chases my demons away. A kiss. A stirring inside me. A feeling of total, blissful wanting. Maybe it's more than wanting I desire. It's desire itself. It's knowing I can be desired. I can.
Can I?
"I've never known..." I whisper as he's kissing me. He doesn't understand. He keeps kissing me. "I've never known," I say once more before his kiss stops me one last time, "I've never known I could have it. What I've always wanted. You. Me. A kiss. To be loved. It's all I've ever wanted." Without a word he keeps kissing me and then he leaves me, just like that.
I am alone again.
But.
C'est la vie.
That's life.

-k.p.