Wednesday, October 5, 2016

This is a problem

"This is a problem." He said to me as if it were all very obvious and I was simply missing a heavy truth purposefully.
He sighed and then held my hand as he said, "Yes. Your problem is you have a singer's heart inside a drummer's body. You want what isn't meant for you and you're unhappy about it. But that won't do at all."
He stepped closer and said ever so quietly, "The only way to fix yourself is to learn to love what you really are even if it is different from the rest. You must know that you're still worth something valuable even if there isn't anyone else on earth like you."
Then he left me standing there without a clue as to what any of what he just dropped inside me meant. Not one clue.
And yet, something inside me knew and that made me laugh thinking about how stupid this heart of mine can be. It made laugh and cry at how far a person can go to find themself. I don't remember why he told me what he did, but I remember how it made me feel and that has made all the difference today. All in the world.