Saturday, August 27, 2016

Human

You will soon be free.
It tells me quietly, as if I haven't got a clue what it means.
But I do.
I have tasted freedom and I know enough of it to love the careful way it sits on my tongue and astonishes me. It rests within my chest quiet as a kitten and silent as the stars and it is riveting as it is potent and I know exactly where it comes from, the little beast without a name.
I know what freedom tastes like and I want it.
I desire it more than almost any other sensation these days and I will tell the voice that whispers within me right now,
"I am already free. Truth, light, love--they are all the same. Once the world decides what will make you happy, you have already missed it. I am happy now because I am in love. I am in love with you, little voice, for even you denote there is a God. You denote, along with a multitudinous amounts of other dazzling sensations in this universe, that there is not only in fact a God above us all, but a Father within us all, loving us, giving us a name and letting us belong to Him."
And I finish resolutely, "No, I know what you are little voice and I am not frightened. I am inspired and I will take you down to the depths of my soul and help you understand that I am already free. I am free because I love you. I am free because I love God. And I am set free because I love him too, the one that may or may not be making a ruin of me. I love the one who may not even love me back, but I can let go of him too. I am free because I know I can let go and I will. I know it. Freedom is given to those who can make it within themselves. Truly."

-kpb

  8/27/16
   10:51pm