Tuesday, September 29, 2015

Thank you always.

Today is Tuesday. 
I'm in love with this day of the week almost as much as I am in love with the effortlessness of breathing right now.
I climbed a hillish slump of earth today and as I reached the top some sleeping beast inside me awoke. 
It brushed the leaves off of its snout, trotted in a circle for a moment to awaken its bones and then--
then it stretched its wings as far as the eye could possibly see. 
One couldn't believe the life that those wings brushed into my soul as it beat and beat against the perfect autmnness of the air.
In that moment life existed. 
The air was perceived as perfection to my senses.
The wind jostled my long braid and entered my spirit similarly. 
The disposition of flying overcame me. 
(We were the same thought.)
The wings that were rooted in my pulsing beast suddenly became my own and sprouted to the sky in an earnestness I did not know this earth could witness from me!
"Oh Autumn!" I cried with my head tilting backward as to satisfy my senses further.
"Oh blessed Moon that calls my name and Wind that speaks the language of flight and longing and freedom to my wings!" 
I spoke these things because I did not care if anyone could or could not hear me.
I could hear me and that was all that mattered.
If ever there was a person who had ever felt such effusive happiness I knew them not! For now I could not only feel free, but I could soar far above heartache and worry! Now I knew I was free as too seldom humans are not.
It felt exquisite because something whispered,
"Come as you are, not as you wish you were."
And I believed that little voice, for it was my own.
Oh how I love the sound of loose gravel against my shoes and the thought of worry far below them. 
To my dear sister, 
You are perfection of spirit and compassion.
To my lovely friend, my companion and guide--I love you more than the hikes we share, the boots your carelessly tossed from your feet and gave to me. 
To the one who thinks of nothing that is not love-driven:
You are the one I wish to watch every cloudless sunset with. 
Always dear sister. 
Thank you for the freedom loving you brings. 

How I love Tuesdays. 

How perfection comes in many packages.
Just so.

-k.p.b.

September 29, 2015
Tuesday
9:29PM
{On a day with sprinkled rain, incandescent autumn wind
 and a trail filled with nothing far greater than everything.}

Thank you Heavenly Father. 
Thank you always.