Tuesday, March 31, 2015

A Beacon to the World

"I express my undying gratitude to my Heavenly Father... for all of our temples, wherever they are. Each one stands as a beacon to the world, an expression of our testimony that God, our Eternal Father, lives, that He desires to bless us and, indeed, to bless His sons and daughters of all generations. Each of our temples is an expression of our testimony that life beyond the grave is as real and as certain as is our life here on earth. I so testify.
My beloved brothers and sisters, may we make whatever sacrifices are necessary to attend the temple and to have the spirit of the temple in our hearts and in our homes. May we follow in the footsteps of our Lord and Savior, Jesus Christ, who made the ultimate sacrifice for us, that we might have eternal life and exaltation in our Heavenly Father’s kingdom. This is my sincere prayer, and I offer it in the name of our Savior, Jesus Christ the Lord, amen." --President of the Church ("The Holy Temple—a Beacon to the World" Apr. 2011)
I know I will forever be thankful that I am privileged and blessed beyond measure to enter the Lord's hallowed halls. My Savior, whom I'm thankful for every minute that passes me by, is truly in those sacred halls and I am thankful I strive to be worthy to enter His Home. May I ever continue to please Him and progress His work. As I think of Him intrinsically this week, especially, the joy that He brings and restored to our earth and His ultimate sacrifice for us this Easter week, I will be reminded of the feelings I felt in the Temple just this morning on a dark, starry light morning. 
It is blessing to be able to rise at 3:50AM to go and attend to lovely temple, and one I confess was easier than I thought it to be. Katy and Marin remind me of how effortless the gospel can be once we let it, and so it is now a goal to get to the Temple every week. For the Spirit that denotes my God there, for the sheep that gather there, for the learning and the growing and above all for the souls who need reaching that is why I go to the Temple.
(k.p.b.)