Wednesday, September 17, 2014

You Are Not Invisible To Me

September 2, 2014
7:07PM
Sunset, Sundress



By: Kiersten P. Benson
(1997- )

I see your eyes and wonder how a shade of blue could ever 
Be so stirring.
It's untempered, like the sea. 

They are restless. 

Then the lips.

You speak words that melt inside my hands.

Words that drip from your mouth,
Catching on my tongue.
Igniting light into darkness.


You are the song that won't leave my head.
The broken end of a song
That I both adore and curse all at once. 

My sweater snags on the thought of you.
Fraying, ripping, tearing.

An elegiac pigment. 

Sinking, I'm drenched in silence.
Waist-deep in thought. 
My fingers are just above the rim of nothingness.


You glance, but then again you see.
It's in your eyes, dear one. 
It's in your eyes. 

If only you knew that my heart is like my backpack,
Tight around my shoulder-blades. 
I keep it locked up to silence all the hunger.
All the pain. 

But I'm just an ordinary human, darling. 
I have eyes that flicker when you pass, 
A heart that paces when you look. 
My veins are red beneath my head phones. 

But how destructive we are.
Humans.

We always like to smudge.
To smear and soil and scrape. 

Curious lips are my trouble. 
But you, oh you darling. 
You are my problem. 

I deny it.
But truth is, I'm falling in love with you.

One
.

Tragic
.

Piece
.

At
.

A
.

Time
.

Then all at once, liking you 
Collapsed into loving you.

And it is beautiful 
And terrifying at the same time like
The stars themselves.

And though the white fire can't reach us, 
You're not invisible to me, darling. 

And oh, what you see when you finally
Stop looking. 

(k.b.)



September 17, 2014
4:41PM
Wednesday