Sunday, February 16, 2014

Okay.


 HELLO WORLD! Forgive me for taking so long to post on my blog (I am well aware it has been over a month) but I am here to update you now on my CRAZY, ECLECTIC LIFE. So, for starters, I am working on this new goal to read around four novels a MONTH and so far it is going great. (And this may or may not have been started because of a school assignment, but either way IT IS A GOOD GOAL AND I AM DETERMINED TO SEE IT THROUGH.) I have finished two so far and am in the middle of one right now. The two I have finished, cover to cover, are: The Fault in our Stars by: John Green and Edenbrooke by: Julianne Donaldson. I must admit, I have read Edenbrooke two or three times now--as it is an everlasting favorite of mine-- and I cannot seem to get enough of it! As for The Fault in our Stars, that was a first for me. I had heard endless feedback for it and simply had to read it and so I forced Mom to take me to Costco and purchase the book and I read it in the space of 3 days! As hyped up as it was made to be I merely concluded that I liked it, but I did not love it. I found it very interesting and quite eye-opening specifically in the nasty world of cancer and how dolled up it can seem to be when people write love stories involving cancer, but this story was very real and grossly detailed about it and all the horrors it brings. And as strange as this sounds, I found that a bit comforting to know how real the author was and how realistic he was about love and life and dreams. If you have ever read The Fault in our Stars, you will find that Hazel Grace (the protagonist) is often a bit cynical and is lead to different beliefs on life and how it will be when we all pass from rhythmic breathing to a quiet heart beat once and for all. I also found the novel very refreshing on how unique all the characters are and especially loved Augustus Waters' "cigarette analogy". As sad as the story turned out to be--it was real. Every bit of it was real, relatable (to a certain degree) and lovable. You, I, couldn't help but fall in love with that crazy Augustus Waters and that emotional Isaac/The Blind Kid. From page to page, or cover to cover,the story was different, new and touching in a strange and creative way and I liked it even more for that. Most people who read The Fault in our Stars will simply see a love story, but I saw much, much more. I saw that dreams-- as beautiful as they are--never turn out the way we first perceive them to be. I saw that some love we feel is not always everlasting and isn't meant to be no matter how powerful it can be. But I mostly saw that life is like a changing current that you cannot control no matter how hard you try. And this current, the current of life, will drag you, pull you, push you, carry you, and sometimes drown you; but it is always up to you if you will let it pull you under or if you will choose to float along and live your live the best you can. The Fault in our Stars was a great book and I don't regret to say I finished that strange and inspiring novel.

"My thoughts are stars I can't fathom into constellations."
-John Green
The Fault In Our Stars